Friday, May 6, 2011

Every Day Hero: Rick Rod


Rick Rod
Paramedic Field Training Coordinator

1.   How long have you worked in Public Safety? 
      Since 1973.  I took my first ride in a Cadillac Criterion Ambulance and knew this was me! 

2.   What is your favorite aspect about working in EMS?  
      I enjoy being around the people this type of work attracts.

3.   What is your most memorable call/incident? 
      I have many memorable calls… but the one I remember the most is when I was about 10 years old at home with my father (who was a volunteer FF and full-time Sheriff’s Deputy) when our neighbor ran to our house to get help for her son who had stopped breathing (1 year old boy).  My dad performed the Heimlich maneuver on the child and dislodged an airway obstruction, then successfully resuscitated the child.

No comments:

Post a Comment